We are seeking a dynamic Facilities Technician as a vital team member of the property team. In this role, you will have the most exposure to our residents and can have the most dramatic impact to resident retention. Communication, customer service, attention to detail, and your knowledge are what makes you such an essential part of our team. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
The expected hours of operation for this role are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. On occasion, the position may require extra hours outside of the standard workday in addition to weekends. Emergency-on call time is required as needed based upon the rotation between you and your fellow teammates.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in general facilities maintenance preferred
- Must be able to stand and/or bend frequently, and work at heights or in confined spaces
- Basic computer skills and experience with electronic work order system(s) is desired
- Knowledge of the work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated
- Working knowledge of hand tools, plumbing and associated skills, electrical systems and devices; and HVAC training and / or certifications; preferred
- Ability to work independently, organize workload and set priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others
- This is a fast-paced work environment, exceptional multi-tasking abilities critical.
- Conduct maintenance work, service requests, power washing, and quarterly preventative maintenance
- Execute punch utilizing standard procedures and complete documentation for submission to your supervisor to ensure a market-ready inspection
- Maintain curb appeal and assist with internal and external property-related custodial needs including pet waste management
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies in work order system while keeping a neat and orderly supply room
- Communicate facilities-related matters and resident concerns to management and with Resident Manager as appropriate
- Regularly utilize technology and systems to receive and respond to maintenance requests in a timely manner keeping complete and accurate documentation of work orders related to of time, materials, inventory, and scheduling with vendors
- Maintain a safe working environment and
- Work with outside vendors, as needed
- Assist with annual budgeting process
- Deliver service and notices to residents while sustaining the highest levels of customer service to promote resident retention
- May be responsible for other projects and responsibilities as assigned