At Treplus Communities, we work hard every day to provide the best in luxury rental homes for empty nesters age 55 and older. And for our luxury apartments in Dublin, which is, by the way, has one of the highest median rents in Central Ohio, we try to have our rents represent a great value.
In order to keep our levels of quality at their highest, we must keep our apartments well maintained, full of the amenities that make a home, hopping with events that make it a community and staffed by professionals who are the best of the best and love to help our residents.
We’re Celebrating the Official Opening of Our Luxury Apartments
Hawthorne Commons, our new Dublin luxury apartment community for 55+ empty nesters, opened its doors in late 2017. We are now finishing up the last bits of construction. We will be holding an “end of construction” (or "official opening") open house in September 2018.
We want to invite apartment-seekers age 55 and over to be a part of our beautiful new luxury apartment community. As a way of welcoming new residents to Hawthorne Commons, our current construction rental rates are good through the first two weeks of May 2018. This special offer ends on May 15th, when our rents will increase in anticipation of our official opening.
Please call or email Tanna Cornett, Community Ambassador at 614-335-2013 or tcornett@trepluscommunities at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment.
Life at Hawthorne Commons
Our current residents are a fun loving mix of empty nesters, Baby Boomers and retirees. The things that they love about Hawthorne Commons are simple—spacious open floor plans with attached garages, gas stove cooking, pet-friendly atmosphere with walking paths and bike trails nearby, and a friendly, warm community building with fireplace, bar and big screen TV. A couple of our residents are setting up a euchre league, with weekly games beginning in May.
More than half of our residents have pets, and we’ll likely be inviting a pet rescue organization to have an adoption event this year. One of the last adoption events held at a Treplus community Avalon Apartments resulted in ALL of the cats getting adopted!
Reasons to Love Our 55+ Luxury Apartments
Residents April Valenti and Gary Black sent us a beautiful letter that pretty much sums up how we and our residents feel about Hawthorne Commons:
Reasons we Love Living at Hawthorne Commons:
- The JOY of a beautifully appointed house with every detail designed for our convenience and comfort and no steps to climb.
- The FREEDOM from maintenance and yardwork while enjoying beautiful landscaping and design of the outdoor spaces to fulfill our dream of an easier life.
- The ADVENTURE of watching the buildings go up around us . . . and experiencing all the growing pains of a freshly built unit and new appliances before anyone else has.
- The SHARING of these adventures with Tanna, Lyndsey, Andy, electricians, plumbers, tile installers, roofers and all others who have taken care of us from the moment we arrived.
- The ENJOYMENT of meeting everyone who has been associated with this project from its beginning and being included in the grand opening celebration and beautifully planned gatherings held to thank those who have done such a wonderful job of getting to the point of tenants arriving.
- The CONFIDENCE that management will continue to provide a beautiful and safe environment with fun adventures for years to come.
- The MOST IMPORTANT thing is that Bella (our French Bulldog) loves it and has lots of great places to walk and chances to visit with her special people!!
As a residential real estate developer and management company, we like to keep abreast of local market dynamics. So while we’re talking about rents, we’d like to add some notes on the market for Columbus Apartments and homes for sale.
Columbus, Ohio: The Hottest Real Estate Market East of the Mississippi
You probably know that Columbus is a hot market for residential real estate—single family homes, condominiums and apartments. Maybe you know someone that has sold their home within just a few days of listing it. In Q1 2018, realtor.com listed Columbus as #16 of the “Top 20 Hottest U.S. Real Estate Markets,” behind 11 California markets, two in Texas and two in Colorado.
Being one of the top housing markets in the U.S. is a good thing, but this poses problems for potential homebuyers in Columbus. Those seeking to purchase single-family homes in the Columbus area may find that there’s scarcely any homes at their price point or in their desired neighborhood.
The availability of Columbus apartments is also very limited in certain areas. As of the end of Q4 2017, the multifamily market reported an area-wide vacancy rate of just 4%. And even while suburban areas such as Dublin and Pickerington have experienced surges in development of new rental communities in the 2010s, increasing the supply, rents are still rising in these areas. Areas like Dublin and Pickerington are highly desirable, and rent increases are simply part of the current landscape in Central Ohio.